Saturday, March 19, 2011

A POEM FOR YOU!

CHOICES

Life is made of choices:
Some are light and easy to make.
Some are heavy and hard to take.
Some seem illusive and really not there.
Then flee when I try to touch them
To, God only knows where.
Yet Choices, I make them
Through the course of my life
Never knowing where they’ll lead me
Without one’s advise.
Choices will shape me
And mold me into who I am
And into how I appear
In the eyes of my fellow man.
Choices will make me happy
Choices can make me sad
Choices make two kinds of people
The good and the bad.
If I were bad, I’d be hated
And looked down upon by all
To be considered as “Dreadful”
And hoped for to fall.
If I were good
Who would notice or even care?
And whoever could, would distrust me
Disbelieving and beware.
So do my Choices really matter
When I reap no reward?
Shall I stand full of hope?
Or shall I fall by the sword?
It’s between God and my heart
For in the end, all shall know
That through choices of goodness,
I have saved my own soul.

© 1998 Joseph J. Jakresky



No comments:

Post a Comment