Wednesday, March 16, 2011

MY SHOES WON'T FIT YOUR FEET

Did you ever wonder why there are so many denominations in the Christian faith.? Catholics, Protestants, Lutherans, Evangelicals and those are only a few. This is all so confusing. Why is this? I was born, and confirmed as a Roman Catholic. In my childhood days I was an avid church follower. It was a good time in my life and I felt very close to our Lord. As I grew older I was still asking the same question; Why? I had asked so many people of various religions and never received an answer which would satisfy me. So I went right to the source and asked God to please let me understand so that I may serve Him in the best possible light. It didn’t take long until God gave me the answer. It came to me in the night when I awoke with the answer clearly in my mind. The truth is that we all must walk our own path which leads to our Lord. The path is not the same for every individual but they all lead to the same place. To make it easier to understand, He made it even more simple to me: Each of us wears a different kind of shoe to walk this path. We all wear many different sizes. Many must make their own shoes. My type of shoe and size will not fit your feet nor will yours fit mine. We should choose a type and size which will make us as comfortable as possible to travel our path as the journey is a long one. The important thing is that we arrive at our destination intact. We will all take off our shoes when we arrive at God’s Holy Door. From that point on, nothing else will ever matter again. Since I had begun to understand that, my outlook on peoples various religions had changed. There is not any one which is the “true one”, nor any which are “false ones“. The various religions which people choose for themselves should all be respected by others because we do not walk our path, in their shoes.

1 comment:

  1. If I understand correctly, you are commenting on only the Christian Religion and none of the ones that came long before Jesus or after Jesus' ascension into heaven; so this makes commenting on this blog relatively simple.
    Christians all believe that Jesus is our Lord and Savior. However, when Christ was born; conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and raised in the Jewish Faith was destined to change the original teachings from God being a vengeful God to teach His followers love, forgiveness,the worship of the Holy Trinity and that all can go to Heaven if they believe in Him.
    His cousin, John the Baptist, who was born just before Him was told by the Almighty that everyone had to atone for their sins by becoming baptised. Jesus was also baptised even though he was free from all sin.
    Now to get down to the nitty gritty of this;
    We all came from the twelve tribes of Israel and although Christianity at first was called the Catholic Religion; numerous people (Not God) decided to alter Catholism by interpreting the Bible differently from one another. This wasn't wrong but the new denominations wanted to take away, add, or both and alter Catholism to fit their needs and the needs of their followers.
    Yes, one person's shoes doesn't always fit another individual and that's why their are so many Christian faiths to chose from.

    ReplyDelete