Sunday, February 11, 2018

LET'S FACE UP TO THE TRUTH

In very good faith, a very good friend had sent me a "forwarding email" of an Internet posting, which someone had made with regards to the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE", as well  as the usage of the motto phrases of the United States Of America: "IN GOD WE TRUST" and "GOD BLESS AMERICA".  I did feel the urge to forward that message which my dear friend had sent to me regarding those precious mottoes, but first, I decided to give this entire idea just a little more serious thought.  I feel that most of the citizens of the U.S A., actually endorse those very beautiful mottoes, which had been given to us very thoughtfully,  by our very insightful forefathers.  I know that I certainly do.  They are so very beautiful.  Honestly, I  am now speaking solely for myself when I say this, but I truly believe that we Americans are really not at all worthy to have our money bearing that expression.  It's sad to say this but that is nothing but an outright lie. I believe from another (very obvious) world wide point of view, that the United States (as a country), does not trust in God, in exactly the very same manner in which this very precious motto so states.  I feel that the United States trusts in the "Almighty Dollar", as does the entire world.  I know that I must admit to what I truly feel:  When our forefathers had first come up with those precious mottoes so very long ago; it was a good idea and it gave all of us something to live up to.  It made us feel quite good to think that if we trusted in God, our country would therefore be blessed. These words had been very true, honest and wonderful thoughts for all of us to cherish forever.  However, now in the midst of all of the corruption, scandal and greed which has totally dominated our society, I feel that we have lost that edge and are no longer (as a country) worthy of God's blessings.  I do honestly believe it is true that the overwhelming majority of Americans (86%), of us, do trust in God in a very singular and personal manner.  However, I also believe that this country as an entirety, has missed the boat and now we are no longer worthy to state the claim: "IN GOD WE TRUST".  It would be an insult to God as well as an outright lie.  I feel that we need to to learn to trust in ourselves first, before we can be worthy to obtain the right to trust in God's blessings.  Whenever I think about it, this question always  just pops up inside of my mind:  Why would God want to bless a corrupted society?  As for the "PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE", I feel that it would also be quite wrong as well as deceitful, for us to claim that we are a country "UNDER GOD".  That is simply not true and of course; God knows this. It's a nice fantasy however. Oh how I wish and pray that it were true.  Maybe some fine day, we may once again, be worthy to state those claims,  however, personally, I have nearly lost all hope for us.  I love my country and right or wrong, I will always loyally, honor it and have complete respect for everything for which it stands.  I also believe that we should always cherish and keep these precious mottoes, always within our minds as well as within  our prayers.  I believe that it is truly wonderful for us to pray for these things, but I also believe that our making of any false statements regarding them, is not being very honest with ourselves.  How about you?  How do you feel about this?  

No comments:

Post a Comment